Saturday, January 19, 2013


 

                                                                                                                                                                               January 19

Unit 6 Integral Health                    

This week I am continuing my journey to integral, at least learning some steps on how if nothing else, I find that I need more mental training. As we move on I find that universal loving kindness mediation exercise is a challenging awareness of how you truly feel about a larger spectrum of humanity. I was asked to expand my love connection from me, to my family which was ok but I could feel some of the safety wall come up but when I was asked to expand to all races, religions, and cultures I mentally gave up it was so overwhelming at this point.

The second exercises are the integral assessment which shifts the focus from healing to reflection or assessment. I was able to focus on myself and assess the different way that I can handle situations, attitudes, or/and experiences that I have had. This activity was a chance for me to be aware of the situation that happen around me daily that I am so busy not to notice. I think this shows me that I need to slow down and take more time focusing and less time being in a big hurry.

Corban

2 comments:

  1. Hi Corban,
    I also found it very easy to expand my love connection to those close to me, but was challenged when attempting to expand it to someone that I have been in conflict. I noticed that self felt vindicated in holding onto my point of view as being right, but I realized that releasing my ill feelings became a choice. Not taking into account if they are right or wrong. It really felt like a release after practicing this exercise over several days.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Barbara Bryson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand some of these exercises are pretty overwhelming and takes a lot of time and mental capability to perform these exercises. I also liked the integral assessment better because it was easier to understand the steps to go through to see what aspects of my life are good and what I need to work on. What aspects do you think you should work on?

    ReplyDelete