Saturday, January 12, 2013

Unit 5
So again I find myself listening to an audio the subtle mind for class this week. However this time I really enjoyed this session, I was able to relax and meditate actively unlike the loving kindness audio. I really connected with the breathing idea of the mind will follow your breathing and an inner calm is created by a stable mind, you still your breath you still your mind.

The idea of the subtle mind exercise is to become a witness to the images that come up as you meditate and relax, and I really was able to do this and not engage. This was a huge refreshing calm that I noticed when the session was over this noise comes back that I never had noticed before.

The frustration of the loving kindness audio was I could not connect; staying awake and interested was hard. My mind would wonder and I didn’t grasp the concept that I quickly got form the subtle mind session of witnessing the images.

Corban

2 comments:

  1. Corban,

    Thank you for your post. I agree with you that I had a hard time connecting with the loving kindness exercise. I also found this exercise to be much more helpful. I like how this exercise accepted the minds habit to wander. I have a hard time concentrating during these exercises and I like how in this exercise that was accepted and encouraged.

    Pamela Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that I could not connect with the loving-kindness exercise and thought it was not very helpful. I enjoyed the subtle mind exercise and could see it helping me get relax and stay calm through stressful situations. How do you think that spiritual wellness in connected to mental and physical wellness?

    ReplyDelete